There were a couple of paneling sections that had a little bit of water damage, so we decided to replace those sections. Instead of replacing the entire piece, we used a stud finder and my rotary tool to cut the paneling at the aluminum frame.
We bought a sheet of Masonite hardboard at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, which was much less expensive than a hardware store. Brannon and I each did a section - measuring it, marking it, then cutting it to size with my jigsaw. We'll fill the cracks in with wood filler after we screw it to the frame.
There was also a piece of particle board by the entry way that was rotted at the bottom. So Brannon sawed the bottom part off, and then attempted to "re-groove" it for the rubber molding to fit back in with some glue. Unfortunately, the particle board was in pretty bad shape, so we just ended up screwing the rubber piece back to the board because the glue wouldn't stick. Ya live and ya learn!
To read about our travels, click on the "Life Blog" tab at the top of the page.