So after we finished the painting, we put the remodeling plans on hold while we went to Maui for 2 months. Then after we returned, we resumed Project Harvey...
The step was...um...lacking. Well, it was there at one point, but we ripped up the rotted plywood that was once the step (because when we ripped up the carpet, we found gross rotted-ness below). So it needed to be replaced.
So the hubs got to work fixing it, pulling up the rest of the rotted wood underneath, and cutting new plywood pieces to fit in the spot. He attached sheets of aluminum to the backside of each plywood piece, and sealed it with caulking to prevent water from seeping in underneath.
Now on to the painting!
To read about our travels, click on the "Life Blog" tab at the top of the page.