The upholstery fabric in our new camper was a little outdated, and didn't go with the image we were envisioning. So we searched through four different fabric stores for hours, combing through every pattern and color, holding samples up against each other, trying to envision everything together with the paint color that we were wanting for the walls/cabinets (mint and white).
We settled on a solid coral color for the cushions, so we could have a nice pattern for the curtains. Coral also happened to be the same color that my mom had used for her Airstream curtains a couple of years back, and she happened to have extra - just enough to recover my cushions. Score! So today, I started working on recovering the cushions with that fabric.
I liked the back of the existing cushions - kind of a faux leathery material - and it was in good condition. So I decided to keep that, which meant I had to separate the front from the back.
I will say that I'm no seamstress. So my process was pretty basic, and by no means professional. But it worked for what we needed.
I took the front piece, laid it on top of my coral fabric, cut around it, and pinned it. Simple as that.
Getting the cushion back IN the new cushion cover was a bit difficult, and apparently slightly entertaining to the outside eye... (thanks, honey)
But I managed to man-handle it enough to eventually fit it back in.
And voila! First cushion down.
Now only four more to go...
And Ollie is no help at all.
To read about our travels, click on the "Life Blog" tab at the top of the page.